I've been to some popular restaurants here in the Philippines that serve nilagang baka (beef stew) but none so far could compare to the best nilagang baka we are cooking at home... wonder why?
cooking this menu is really simple, you just put everything and let it boil, but I haven't tasted an equal.
Try this recipe and ...taste for yourself !
1) in normal cookbooks, you would notice they are not using saging saba and corn... actually this two ingredients are the secret and perfect compliment to the best taste nilagang baka (beef stew)
2) Best served with fish sauce(patis) and calamansi as condiments
- 1 kilo beef, cut into cubes
- 1 bundle Pechay tagalog (Bok choy)
- 1 small Pechay Baguio
- 1 onion cut into halves
- 3 pcs saging saba sliced in two
2 Fresh Corn (mais) cut into 3 pcs
- 1 liter of water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Knor Beef Cube (Optional)
- In a big casserole, add water, beef and onion. Bring to a boil, (make sure to remove those floating particles,or ango in tagalog )
- Add 1/2 tablespoon salt and pepper (or to taste), corn and Knor beef cube, Simmer covered until meet is tender
- Add Saging Saba...simmer for about two minutes, then add pechay baguio and tagalog, let it simmer for a minute
- Serve hot, enjoy the BEST... Nilagang Baka (beef stew)